Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Time/Opportunity WAIT FOR NO MAN!



I remember once when I was a little kid, my friend and I were coming home from playing a little league baseball game. It was a really hot and uncomfortable day. We pulled up in front of my house, and the next door neighbor was out watering his lawn. His daughters (my other good friends) were outside also and, because it was so hot he was spraying everyone with the water hose for fun and just to cool everyone off. So, everyone is laughing, having a good time and playing in the water and having fun. But, I didn't want to ruin my baseball uniform and my cleats and stuff. So, I run in the house and take off my baseball uniform and try to change into swimming trunks as quickly as I possibly can. A few minutes go by, and I can still hear everyone outside laughing and playing. "Boy, this is going to be great" I'm thinking to myself as I'm rushing to get my bathing suit on. I finally get my bathing suit on and I'm ready to go play. By the time I get ready and make sure that everything is perfect. I go back outside, ready to go play in the water on this scorching hot day, and all of the laughter had stopped, all the playing and the good time had seized. By the time I get ready to play, the guy had finished watering his lawn. He had turned the water off and I saw him wrapping the hose up. The party/opportunity was over. In my worrying about trying to make everything perfect, I had missed out on all of the fun.  I was a kid, somehow I assumed that he would just wait for me to come back out so I can play too. I somehow just assumed that he would be outside watering his lawn all day and that I could go play when I wanted to.

Even though I was just a kid,I learned a huge lesson that day. If there is an opportunity that you want to take advantage of (pursuing a dream, mending a relationship, going back to school, applying for a particular job, starting a business, making a sale, singing on the spot for an impromptu audition etc) you have a limited window of time to take advantage of certain opportunities. When those opportunities present themselves, often there is no time to worry about making sure that everything is perfect before you take advantage of it, don't try to wait until conditions are just right before you take advantage of an opportunity, don't worry about being uncomfortable, don't worry about looking "silly" don't worry about "getting your baseball uniform wet". Sometimes in order to take advantage of certain opportunities you have to think outside the box and JUST DO! When an opportunity presents itself, If you truly view something to be an opportunity JUMP IN! Because, by the time you go and take all of the precautions and make sure that everything is perfect and just right, the opportunity could be gone, just like that.

“Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.”
― Mark Victor Hansen

 

 
I have learned that TIME and OPPORTUNITY are like beautiful, strong, intelligent, ambitious, confident women. THEY WAIT FOR NO MAN!
 
 
HAVE AN AMAZINGLY POSITIVE, PEACEFUL, PROSPEROUS, SUCCESSFUL, JOYFUL, LOVE FILLED DAY!
 
 
PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment