Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Dear Success




Dear Success,

I feel a little funny even telling you this after all this time. Im kinda shy, But I had a crush on you and I have been chasing you ever since I heard your sweet name whispered. I later found out that you were attracted to the strong, smart, dedicated, focused, driven, hardworking ambitious types. When I found that out, I figured that I had all of the qualities That you were attracted to. I thought that once you even heard of me, you would instantly be mine. I thought we would have love at first sight. But apparently, I wasn't good enough for you, or maybe you thought that I wasn't man enough or mature enough to handle you. I mean if only you knew some of the things I tried to do to attract you. I did things that were other than myself, I sold cars, encyclopedias, stocks and bonds and mutual funds and real estate, and started businesses of my own and a few other things that weren't me. I did all of this for you. And you just ignored me. How did you think that that would make me feel as I sat and watched you go be with others. Some of which I know that I worked harder than to get you. 

I was mad at you, I was resentful for a while. But, I got your number sister!  I been doing my homework on you. I learned a lot about you! I later learned that its not all just about hard work with you. I learned that you really really love patience and a positive attitude, and those who believe in themselves.  I learned that you get your jollies playing hard to get. I  learned that if I want to be with you, I am going to have to be my self! I am going to have to do things that I am passionate about and love to do and not even think about you. Just do what I love to do and am passionate about doing.  I cant force you to be with me. The only way to truly be with you is not to chase you.  But keep working, keep dreaming, keep being positive, keep encouraging others and you will find me. 

Dear success, I know about your past and your reputation. You are known to have been with millions and millions of people. And even now I know that anyone who wants you bad enough can have you. yet i still want you anyway. look, I'm not being naughty or fresh, but I love you so much and think so highly of you that I want every one I know to experience you. I want to share you with everyone. 

Now that I have poured my heart and soul out to you. I just wanted to let you know that I'm ready to be with you. You know who I am and where to find me. Ill be the big humble guy in the corner with my head down passionately working, dreaming, believing and encouraging others i'll be the one inching towards you! You can't miss me! 

I look forward to meeting you and kissing your sweet lips real soon!

Yours truly, Your public admirer,

Brian K. McKoy

PEACE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment