Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Love like there is no tomorrow!


When my daughter was sick and in the hospital she was taking a lot of medicines. Because of all of the medicines that she was taking, she would be in and out of Consciousness. She would be up and alert for maybe an hour or so, and then she would drift back out for a few hours.  So if we wanted to connect with her we had to love her up and fit as much love and hugs and kisses and I love yous into that little window of her being awake as possible. So in order for her to really feel the impact of our love, we had to take advantage of that limited time we had to tell her we loved her and show her how much we loved her. Towards the tail end of her life as she was getting sicker and sicker we knew that those windows of opportunity may get smaller and smaller. So we had to show her more and more love and give more and more hugs and kisses during those windows of opportunity. We knew that it was possible that she may drift out of consciousness and never wake up. 

The "advantage" we had was that we knew that she was really sick. We were in a hospital with her. So everyday we had a reminder that tomorrow was not promised. So we couldn't say, we'll tell her we love her tomorrow, we'll kiss her tomorrow, we'll hug her tomorrow. As far as we were concerned there was no tomorrow! Tomorrow might not exist! 

Out in the real world we don't have everyday reminders that there might not be a tomorrow. The only reminders we get are after we lose someone. But, by then it's too late.  So it's easy to take each other for granted. It's easy to say I'll call tomorrow, i''ll apologize tomorrow, I'll tell them I love them tomorrow, I'll go make it right with them tomorrow. 

Luckily we did hug and kiss and love my daughter up when we could because she did eventually drift out of consciousness and never came back. But, I find comfort in the fact that I KNOW that my daughter KNEW that she was loved. But I have lost other friends, family members etc where I never got a chance to let them know that I loved them. I assumed I would maybe "tell them tomorrow". 

Not one of us have the unlimited plan on life we ALL got the limited time plan. So we should probably take full advantage of the offers before they expire. If there is somebody you want to apologize to, somebody you want to thank for something, someone you want to tell them you love them or appreciate them, if there is someone you want to show love to, somebody you want to hug, someone you want to say I miss you to, if there is a relationship you want to mend etc. 

TODAY IS THE DAY TO SAY IT! TODAY IS THE DAY TO DO IT! 

The only thing I don't like about the limited time plan is that TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED! 

I LOVE, RESPECT AND APPRECIATE YOU ALL! 

I said it before, but I'll repeat!

SPREAD LOVE LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW! 

And that's an order! 

RIP Boyce "Scoop" Coleman. The world got you marked down as a hero SUN! 

PEACE! 


No comments:

Post a Comment