Tuesday, August 12, 2014

I have a dream too!

I went to give another speech the other day and it wasn't as good as I would have liked. I was really pissed by My performance. So I voiced my anger and disappointment to my coach and he said I've got 2 words for your "disappointment" he said BIG DEAL! He said i get you being tough on yourself, because it means your passionate. but, He told me, I know you have a dream of being a big huge successful speaker and your trying to do it all in 6 weeks and it doesn't work like that. It takes time to learn and grow and develop! He told me the greatness that your seeking wont come overnight! IT TAKES TIME FOCUS DEDICATION EFFORT AND PATIENCE! 

He reminded me that Martin Luther King delivered hundreds of speeches that were probably less than perfect before he delivered "I Have A Dream". It took him time to build up to that. He just did it over and over and over and he learned and got better over TIME! Not all at once! 

I've learned that IF OR WHENEVER YOU CONSIDER PURSUING YOUR DREAM REMEMBER, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE GREAT IN ORDER TO START, BUT YOU DO HAVE TO START, IN ORDER TO BE GREAT! 

PEACE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment