Friday, August 1, 2014

The land of milk and honey?

You see,  I have this problem. I am a capitalist through and through. Not because i love or I'm in love with money or "things" but because I believe that's the best way to extrapolate talent and innovation and technological advances from the people as a reward system. You exchange goods and services for some sort of currency. So i believe in capitalism. I believe that if you put the work in develop an idea brand or product that people benefit from you should be rewarded. I believe in meritocracy. And I certainly am not one to tell someone how to spend their hard earned or even inherited money. 

when my daughter was in the hospital, we needed a medicine called ACTH that was about $33,000 per vial and we needed 6 vials. A little over $180,000 for medicine for a 10 month old baby for a 6 week dose. We were able to get the medicine. But my daughter passed when she was 20 months old. I know for a fact that if I didn't have insurance and a couple of bucks she would not have lived that long. 

My problem is that (This is just a personal belief) again I'm a capitalist, but in the USA the land of the $3000 pair of shoes, the $2 million car the $100 million yacht etc. in the land of abundance and surplus,  I just don't think that anyone should die because they don't have the money to pay for medical care, and I don't think anyone should go homeless or hungry because they had to spend all of their money on medical care to stay alive! 

These are all personal beliefs, I'm rambling, sorry to waste your time. Im just venting! Thanks for listening! 

PEACE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment