Tuesday, August 26, 2014

REST IF YOU MUST! BUT DON'T YOU QUIT!



This one time I had a little fender bender. My car and another were driving along side each other and we scraped up against each other. This was the first "accident" I had ever had in my life after driving for 20+ years. Immediately after I was a little nervous about driving again. I didn't want to drive anymore.  It shook my confidence and I felt self conscious and insecure. I felt like I sucked as a driver and if I drove again it was gonna happen again. I didn't like the feeling, and I was somewhat afraid of it happening again.  I was mentally shaken and discouraged. The whole incident got inside my head! 

So, I get it when you say that you tried to go back to school and you didn't do so well and you didn't feel so smart or ready and you don't want to go back at all.  I get it when you say you have tried to pursue your dreams, but you failed in front of everybody, you were embarrassed and you don't want to face or feel that embarrassment or disappointment again.  I get it when you don't want to try again because someone might have said that your business idea wont work or is impossible. Or, someone said something discouraging about your performance or presentation or about the dish that you prepared, or your singing voice, or your painting etc. And that person may have gotten in your head. I get it when you say that  you have run your sales pitch by 100 people and they all said NO! I get it when you want to give up completely and you don't even want to try anymore! 

But what I realized about not wanting to drive again was that I had a destination that I NEEDED to make it to. I HAD to get back home, and the only way for me to get there was for me to get back behind that wheel and drive again. But, this time I will check and double check my mirrors and learn from my mistake, but no matter what I did, I HAD to make it where I NEEDED TO BE, So, I HAD to drive again! 

You too have a destination that you MUST reach. Your goals and dreams and aspirations are your destination! And, the only way you will be able to get there will be for you to get up, get past your "failures",  dust yourself off,  learn from your mistakes, keep moving forward and TRY AGAIN! 

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."- Michael Jordan

REST IF YOU MUST, BUT DON'T YOU QUIT!

Please ...

Follow us on Twitter
@Just4dreamers

Like our Facebook page
Brian Mckoy's Motivation and Inspiration Station

Follow our blog

PEACE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment