Monday, October 13, 2014

Out of the desert!

Though I have an amazing relationship with my GOD. I have never considered myself to be deeply religious at all. But, I have always been curious and I have always tried to and I still try to learn as much as I possibly be can about all religions and cultures. I'm so curious in fact that I have read the entire bible old testament and new cover to cover 1 and a half times. I started and am still reading the Qur'an now. I just like to learn. I liked reading the Bible because some of the stories in it are incredibly motivational and inspirational and can teach a lot about life. To me one of the more motivational and inspirational stories in the Bible was the story of Moses. Now, I'm no theologian, I'm no religious or Bible Scholar or anything. I'm a complete amateur on all of this bible stuff so please forgive any imperfections in my story.     

Moses grew up in luxury he was raised in the Pharaohs palace in Egypt. He passed as the Pharaohs grandson. Life was nice and sweet and comfy for Moses growing up. But, all of a sudden GOD chose Moses for an important mission. GOD chose Moses to LEAD the people out of slavery in Egypt.

So GOD creates these situations and circumstances in Moses life where Moses has to leave the Pharaohs palace and suddenly be "uncomfortable". GOD forces Moses to live on the run from Pharaoh in the Desert for 40 years. Moses has to learn how to survive the desert (Adversities and hardships). He has to learn what kinds of things he can and can't eat. He has to learn what snakes and animals are venomous. He needs to learn about the sun, and how and when and where and how to sleep in the desert. He needs to learn how to survive the desert (Adversities and hardships).

But if, GOD never forced Moses into the desert and never forced Moses to face the difficulties and adversities and hardships, Moses would have never been qualified to lead his people through the desert. Moses comfort and ease was stripped from him and his time in the desert gave him credibility. His followers looked to him as an authority and a leader because he had already been there and done the whole desert (adversity and hardship) thing. Instead of the people saying "Man, Moses don't know what he's talking about. What does Moses know about the desert (Hardship or adversity), if  he said go left I'm going right. Or man Moses was just some rich kid who grew up in the palace what does he know about the desert  what does he know about hardships or adversities. Without his time in the desert, Moses would not have had the influence or authority and would not have been qualified to lead his people through the desert. And would not have been able to fulfill GODs purpose for him.

I guess the point  in me saying all of this is, if you have ever been, or are currently stuck in the "dessert" be it a health desert, a financial desert, a relationship desert,

an emotional desert etc. and you are dealing with hardships, difficulties or adversity of any sort, consider this, you may have been personally selected by GOD to lead others who will walk through that same desert behind you out of the desert. GOD has allowed you or will allow you to survive your desert so that you will be qualified to guide and lead others that are going through or will go through the same desert that you made it out of.

All of your experiences mean something. Every last one of them ! It's meant to serve some purpose. So while your in your desert! Take comfort, be easy! GOD is with you! And when you make it out remember to turn around and help and guide and lead the others that are behind you out also.
"Adversity is the diamond dust Heaven polishes its jewels with."
-Thomas Carlyle

But again, I'm a complete amateur on all of this bible stuff so all of this stuff I just said is just a theory!
   
PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment