Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Bark back!


When I was a little kid and first started walking to the bus stop by myself. There was this dog that lived in some house that was on the route that I used to take. My first day walking on my own the dog came out and he growled at me and started to pursue me. I power walked away until he stopped chasing me. Honestly, this was no big huge dog or anything, he was a little dog wit floppy ears and all of that. But I wont lie, I was scared of this dog. Everyday, I
would worry about having to walk past this dog and all day long I'm thinking and worrying about this dog. My fear of this dog consumed my mind. I ended up switching my route up and everything. I worried and worried about this dog. One day I was late and I decided I'm gonna go my normal route and hope not to bump into this dog. A friend of mine happened to be coming down his stairs that day and we start walking together. We start walking and the dog sees us, and the dog growls at us. I start power walking away, my friend turns around and stomps on the ground in front of the dog and growls back at the dog. The dog whimpers, turns around puts its tail between its legs and runs away.

So all this time, I'm so worried about and afraid of this dog and this dog is affecting the quality of my life, I'm changing my route and living my life so that I could avoid this thing I feared so much and all I had to do the whole time was face it, look it dead in the eye and bark back at it?

I have learned that that little dog was symbolic for every fear and worry that I would ever have in my life. The more I try to run from it, the more I try to avoid it and never face it or deal with it or stand up to it, the greater my fear would be of it. I've learned that if I don't face or deal with my fears and worries the bigger my fears and worries will become!

I guess the moral of the story whatever fear or worry that you have in life, whatever it is fear of failure, fear of rejection or disappointment whatever might be on your mind that you have been worrying about, you are only worried or afraid because you haven't stepped to it, you haven't barked back it. Step to your fears and worries, growl and bark back at them and watch your fears whimper tuck their tails between their legs and run away from you!
The next time you have a goal or destination, someplace you need to be or need to accomplish and something you fear is in the way BARK BACK AT YOUR FEARS AND REMEMBER

“Everything you want is on the other side of fear.”    
 -Jack Canfield


GET PAST YOUR FEARS, AND THE WORLD IS YOURS BECAUSE

Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is freedom.
-Marilyn Ferguson

FEAR IS NOTHING, IT'S LITERALLY NOTHING!

 GET YOURS!

PEACE!
 

1 comment:

  1. wow! lovely inspirational note, and very true indeed.

    ReplyDelete