Saturday, October 4, 2014

Day one!

I'm at the golf driving range one day and I'm looking at this guy next to me and he's hitting the ball crazy far. I'm looking at him and the competitor in me wants to start hitting the ball as far as him. But I can't seem to do it. So naturally I get frustrated with myself. I swallow my pride and I ask him for help. We ended up talking and I ended up asking him how long he has been playing and he said since he was 10 years old and he is 56 now. He has been playing for 46 years and I have been playing for a month. Its funny, I was really seriously frustrated with myself because I wasn't as good as him. Here I was, I had been playing golf for a month frustrated and expecting to be as good as someone who had been playing golf since before I was even born.

Then I realize, wait a minute this competition isn't against him. I will probably never see him again for the rest of my life. This competition is against myself. I have learned not to worry about what the next man is doing or how good the next man is or where the next man is or how far the next man made it in life. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF! You don't know how long ago that persons DAY ONE was. You don't know how long a person has been in the game. You don't know what a person went through or had to endure to get where they are. You don't know how many years a person spent in the mail room before they became CEO, you don't know if a persons loved one passed away and left them an insurance policy that they used to buy that big fancy car or house that you envy. You don't know how many parties a person skipped to go work out or to go shoot free throws, You don't know how many romantic dates people missed to go run sprints on a Friday night. You don't know what a person has been through or what they have done or sacrificed to get where they are.

AS GOOD AS A PERSON IS OR HOW SUCCESSFUL A PERSON YOU SEE THAT HAS BECOME AT SOMETHING, IT ALL BEGAN WITH A DAY ONE FOR THEM TOO! DON'T WORRY OR BE DISCOURAGED BY WHERE YOU ARE NOW COMPARED TO OTHER PEOPLE! EVERY LEGEND, EVERY STORY OF GREATNESS, EVERY HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGAN WITH A DAY ONE! YOUR LEGEND, YOUR STORY OF GREATNESS WILL ALSO BEGIN WITH A DAY ONE! THE RACE IS INDEED LONG, BUT IN THE END IT IS ONLY AGAINST YOURSELF! THE ONLY PERSON YOU NEED TO COMPARE YOURSELF TO, IS THE OLD YOU!!
 
DON'T GIVE UP!  KEEP DREAMING, KEEP BELIEVING, KEEP WORKING!
 
AND BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, IT WILL BE DAY TWO AND SO ON AND SO ON!


"You can be anything you want to be, if only you believe with sufficient conviction and act in accordance with your faith; for whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."
-Napoleon Hill


"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti

ONE DAY CAN CHANGE EVERYTHING, THAT DAY IS DAY ONE! 

Wonderful and amazing things are happening in our lives! I'm excited for us!

PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment