Thursday, October 30, 2014

Birds of a feather!

All of those sayings that we used to hear over the years all turned out to be true, reading is fundamental, a winner never quits and a quitter never wins, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all and they all turned out to be true. But one of my favorites and one that turned out to be the truest to me is BIRDS OF A FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER. I mean its true. All my life ever since I heard that expression I have been trying to prove it wrong but wasn't able to. I would go to Getty Square or the downtown area of whatever city I was in and I would see tons of pigeons, but not once have I ever saw an eagle chilling with pigeons. When I have seen footage of Eagles soaring around in majestic mountain tops, I have never seen pigeons in that footage. Never caught a duck hanging out with a turkey.

Each of these birds have specific purposes and objectives and survival techniques and the same skill sets and mentalities and are all programmed to think certain ways to accomplish certain things they all have different diets and stuff.  Those birds that are all moving in the same direction and are trying to achieve the same goals stick together to make sure that they are all going the same way. Turkeys don't fly south for the winter like the ruby throated humming bird. Eagles do the work of hunting for fresh live food. Pigeons will eat old pizza crust off the sidewalk. If the Eagle was to hang out with the pigeon than there would need to be a decision made. Either a pigeon would need to learn how to soar and hunt for fresh food, or the Eagle is going to have to start hanging out downtown and eating pizza crusts.

I guess my point here is that in life if you have specific goals and objectives and places you are trying to go in life and destinations that you are trying to make it to. You will need to hang out with other people who have the same goals and objectives and destinations you need to fly with people who are moving in the same direction. Because if you don't a decision will have to be made. You will either have to force the others to start thinking like you and you will have to convince them to want to soar like you and end up in high places like you and eat fresh fish like you, or you will end up walking around in a dirty downtown eating old pizza crusts and beef patties off the sidewalk like them. When it comes to who you choose to spend your time and share your thoughts and energy with. Only one of two things can happen they will become one of you or YOU WILL BECOME ONE OF THEM. Your goals and dreams and objectives and your destination in life are far too important to chance. Consider this, what would happen if you tied a turkey to an eagle and let the eagle fly. Would the eagle stay on the ground with the turkey or will the eagle be strong enough to carry and hunt with the turkey attached to him? No matter how you look at it, the turkey will definitely slow the eagles progress down.

So, if you are moving in a specific direction and you have specific goals and plans and objectives and destinations you are looking to make it to in life. Fly with those who eat what you eat, who hang out where you want to hang out, that are going to the same place that you are going to and who want/need to accomplish the same things that you want to accomplish. Unfortunately, its the only way to get to YOUR destination.

"I was not delivered unto this world in defeat,
nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a
sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I
am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep
with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep
and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let
them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure
is not my destiny."
-Og Mandino

YOUR JUST GONNA HAVE TO TRUST ME ON THIS ONE!

ITS OUR TIME! THE WORLD IS OURS!

LETS GO!

PEACE!


No comments:

Post a Comment