Saturday, September 19, 2015

MOVE FORWARD VERBOT!


When I was a kid in the early 80's there was this robot toy called Verbot. Verbot had buttons on it that you would use to program it. Once you had it programmed and it recognized the sound of your voice, you can give it verbal instructions and you can control it simply by saying stuff to it and shouting commands into it. It would react to whatever you say to it. So you could be like Verbot speak and the mouth would light up like its speaking. If you said move forward Verbot or backwards it would move according to your instructions. If you said Verbot pick it up Verbot or Put it down Verbot it would do it.  So you completely controlled this thing simply by using words. It was pretty cool technology especially for the 80's.

I recently had a conversation with someone and I didn't particularly like the conversation. I didn't like their choice of words, their tone, their demeanor or attitude towards me. I felt that they were being totally condescending and I just didn't like anything about the interaction. It just wasn't a positive conversation or experience. Initially I started to get all upset and react out of anger and start using a few choice words of my own. But, then I thought of Verbot and how it was controlled.  For me to have gotten angry and changed my attitude and demeanor, if I would've started getting angry and using choice words of my own, would mean that I would have had to have completely lost control of myself and my ability to think for myself. It means that I would have completely relinquished control to the person that I was speaking with. It means that they would have had full control over me and my actions just by the use of their words. They would have had as much control over me as I had over Verbot. If I would have lost control and lost my temper and would have just started saying angry stuff, I would have no longer been a man in control of himself. I would have been reduced to a $30 plastic toy robot, who has no ability to think for himself or control his own actions. It means that I react and respond to this persons words and verbal cue's and commands. It would mean that THEY CONTROL ME.  

One of the cool parts about Verbot was that the buttons that were on it were how you programmed it to the sound of your voice and also how you input the specific commands. So the person who programmed it was the only persons voice it would react to. If anyone else tried to control it, Verbot would straight up ignore them and leave them there shouting a bunch of commands out loud like a fool.  If Verbot didn't  recognize your voice or your tone it would simply ignore you and not do any of the commands. I suppose my point is, the next time you have a conversation or interaction with someone who's is less than positive or pleasant or respectful, don't let their words control you and make you fly off the handle. Don't relinquish control of yourself and your behavior by allowing others words to control your actions. Instead, the next time someone is mean and nasty or angry handle it like Verbot and simply don't recognize their voice. Don't react! Simply leave the person standing there mean, bitter and angry and shouting at themselves like a fool. You continue being your POSITIVE, PRODUCTIVE, DRIVEN, FOCUSED AND AMBITIOUS self and move on! Surround yourself with other people who have POSITIVE, PRODUCTIVE, DRIVEN, FOCUSED AND AMBITIOUS voices that you can understand and react and respond to. leave the angry, bitter, negative, voices alone. Only respond to the voices that command you to MOVE FORWARD.

A WISE MAN ONCE TOLD ME....

"NEVER ARGUE WITH A FOOL, ONLOOKERS MAY NOT BE ABLE TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE"
-Mark twain

ONCE YOU ENTERTAIN A CLOWN, YOU BECOME A PART OF THE CIRCUS!

STAY POSITIVE, PRODUCTIVE, DRIVEN, FOCUSED, AMBITIOUS AND DETERMINED!

THE WORLD IS YOURS!

PEACE!


No comments:

Post a Comment