Monday, September 14, 2015

MONEY CANT BUY LIFE!




Ever since I could remember, I always wanted to be rich. I wanted to be filthy stinking rich. I'm talking fleet of private jets and a helicopter, a 175 foot yacht, 13 to 15 homes in various states and countries, a suite of luxury vehicles, hundreds of pairs of thousand dollar shoes and suits and colognes, jewelry and trinkets, I'm talking millions and millions of dollars in cash, Billions of dollars in net worth kind of rich. I remember when I was younger, it was all I thought about, it was all I could think about, it was all that my decisions were based on. My obsession may have even caused me to do some immoral things to get it. I wanted it so bad. I thought that it would be the solution to every one of life's problems that I could or would ever encounter. I wanted the money so bad because I was just a kid and I thought that there is nothing that you cant do if you have enough money. That was until I got a little older and I actually had a problem that money couldn't fix.

When my daughter Brianna was born in Danbury Hospital in Danbury CT. She was born extremely ill and needed to be rushed to the Maria Fareri's children's hospital in Westchester County NY. She was sent down in an ambulance and my wife and I followed in our car. I remember when we pulled into the parking lot, I remember seeing big huge ridiculous Mercedes Benz's and BMW's, Audi's, Range Rovers etc. This was Westchester County so I knew that some of these big fancy cars get parked in the driveways of some big ridiculous mansions somewhere and that these same people whose cars were parked outside in this parking lot had big huge ridiculous bank accounts as well. I had a Honda Accord at the time. So on the OUTSIDE of the building my little Honda Accord was parked next to these big fancy luxury vehicles. But, when we walked INSIDE of the building to check on our daughter, I noticed that some of the parents inside, some of which were the owners of these big fancy cars and houses and huge bank accounts had children who were just as sick as my daughter. Some of these people were crying and shedding tears and on their knees praying for their children's lives to be spared, just like we were. It turns out that even if I would have had a fleet of private jets and helicopters, 13 to 15 homes in various states and countries, a suite of luxury vehicles, hundreds of pairs of thousand dollar shoes and suits and colognes, jewelry and trinkets, I'm talking millions and millions of dollars in cash, Billions of dollars in net worth IT WOULD HAVE DONE ME NO GOOD. THERE WAS NO WAY TO BUY MY DAUGHTERS LIFE. Til this day, even right now at this very moment, if I did have all of the money in the world, and all the "things" in the world I would gladly trade it ALL in to just to have my daughter back and hear her talk and laugh and giggle. EVEN IF I HAD ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD, I COULDN'T BUY MY DAUGHTERS LIFE BACK!

I thought that money would some day solve all of my problems, THAT WAS UNTIL I LEARNED THAT THERE WERE CERTAIN PROBLEMS THAT MONEY COULDN'T SOLVE! I HAVE LEARNED THAT THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE, AREN'T THINGS AT ALL!

Nowadays, Its not the money I focus on. I focus on my family and loved ones and friends who I could never replace with money! I focus on contributing something to society and accomplishing and achieving something BIG and knowing that if I do that right, the money will come.

The true measure of ones wealth is what he has after he loses all of his money!

MAKE NO MISTAKE MY FRIEND, IT TAKES MORE THAN MONEY TO MAKE MEN RICH!
- A. P. Gouthey

I HAVE LEARNED THAT.......

A TRULY RICH MAN IS ONE WHOSE CHILDREN RUN INTO HIS ARMS WHEN HIS HANDS AND HIS POCKETS ARE EMPTY. 
-Unkown

PLEASE, CELEBRATE YOUR LIVES, AND GIVE THANKS FOR YOUR CHILDREN!


PEACE!

Please sign up and join our blog

follow us on twitter @Just4dreamers and

Like our Facebook page www.facebook.com/Brianmckoyimaginethepossibilities

No comments:

Post a Comment