Saturday, July 26, 2014

I'm afraid there will be no tomorrow!

When I was in jr high school I had this amazing teacher named Mr. Flynn. One time he had assigned us homework and I didn't do it. So he said u better have it tomorrow. So the next day comes and he asks me for the homework and I'm turned around talking to a classmate and he said Mr. Mckoy do you have that homework I said nah ill do it tomorrow and rudely kept on talking to my friend. The next day same thing  I'm talking to my friend and he said Mr. Mckoy do you have my homework. I said nah ill do it tomorrow and turned to my friend to continue talking. He said Mr. Mckoy I'm afraid THERE WILL BE NO TOMORROW. He interrupted class and all of that and said come with me. He walked me down the hall to call my parents. He taught me that you can't play somebody forever, you cant keep pushing people and pushing people thinking they aint gonna react at some point. He showed me that there are deadlines and consequences. Until you are the boss, you do things when they need to be done, not when you want to do them! He taught me more than just social studies! 

You could catch Mr. Flynn on foot walking around various parts of Yonkers. Legend has it that he went to School street and knocked on doors and told parents, your kid owes me homework and I've come to collect. Mr Flynn was hard. It was obvious he really really cared! Which is what made him an incredible teacher and man! 

Mr. Flynn as a teacher had way more influence in MY life than any athlete, singer, rapper, actor etc. but that was the good old days! 

Mr. Flynn wherever you might be I'm sure I speak for many when i say thanks! 

Teachers are amazing, they have the whole worlds future in their hands! Thanks! 

PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment