Sunday, February 22, 2015

DONT "CHILL" TOO LONG!!!



There was this one time that I was hanging out with my brother at his house. Whenever I'm with my brother there is usually beer involved. So, we bought some beers and brought them up to his house. But, I left 2 in my car to bring home with me. So, we drink the beers right away. A few hours later I leave my brothers house and get home and I forget to take the beers out of my car. So I keep forgetting about them and forgetting about them a couple of weeks went by and I remember that they are in the car and I go to take them out because these are perfectly good beers and I want to enjoy them today. But, it was summertime and the beers were all hot by now. So I bring them upstairs and I put them in the freezer just to "Chill" for a little while. My intention was only to have them "chilling" for 45 minutes to an hour or so. But, life happens and I got caught up doing a million and one things and I wasn't even thinking about the beers. Life went on and I didn't even realize that the beers were still "Chilling".  A whole day went by and I finally got back to the beers that were "Just chilling" and when I opened my freezer there were shards of broken glass and chunks of frozen beer all over my freezer. Somehow, the other beer didn't explode but It "froze" Because I wasn't paying attention to how long I that I let the beer "Chill", the beer "Chilled" and "Chilled" and "Chilled" until it was completely frozen at which point it was completely useless it had become a mess. That I now had to go clean up. The other beer that didn't explode was frozen and I tried to salvage it by letting it thaw out, but by the time it thawed out it lost its taste and freshness and flavor and fizziness (I doubt if that's a word but, you get my point). The beer had to thaw out and when it did the beer lost all of its qualities that make beer good. It was watered down and eventually I threw it away and replaced it with a new beer that I bought fresh from the store.

I guess the moral of this story is that our lives can kind of be like those beers. I speak with a lot of people and I often use other peoples dreams and goals and energy as fuel to propel me to keep trying to achieve my own. But, often when I ask people what they are up to the response is often "I'm just chilling". I'll say how are your plans your dreams and goals going are you moving closer to them or farther away and they say "I'm just chilling". I guess the moral of the story is that when you are "just chilling" its easy to lose track of the time that you are "Just chilling" for. But I have learned that if you "Chill" too long you might freeze. If you "chill" too long and freeze, you are now motionless, your stuck and you cant move. You are no longer fluid or have the ability to move or make moves or crash boldly like flowing water in motion. You become motionless and stuck. Your life could explode and end up out of control and  becoming a mess that you or someone else is going to have to clean up. You may end up freezing and having to thaw out. And those good qualities and skills and talents that you had that made you, you will be all watered down and lose some of their value and you may lose some of your value in the market place you could become easily replaceable by those who have kept their skills and talents sharp and fresh.

I guess my whole point is STAY BUSY! STAY IN MOTION! ALWAYS BE WORKING! ALWAYS BE THINKING! ALWAYS BE DREAMING! KEEP GOING! KEEP ENCOURAGING OTHERS TO DO THE SAME! When you think about quitting or giving up on your dream or when you think about "Chilling", remember Newton's first law of motion. The law of inertia which states that AN OBJECT/BODY IN MOTION STAYS IN MOTION AND AN OBJECT/BODY AT REST STAYS AT REST UNLESS ACTED ON BY AN EXTERNAL FORCE!

FOR ALL OF THE BODIES AT REST ALLOW ME TO BE THAT EXTERNAL FORCE THAT GETS YOU INTO MOTION!

THE ROAD TO SUCCESS GETS ROUGH AND LONELY AND DARK AND DOUBTFUL, BUT NONE OF THAT IS OUR CONCERN! LETS KEEP OUR EYES ON THE PRIZE! AND LETS KEEP GOING!

IF YOU ARE GOING THROUGH HELL, KEEP GOING!
-Winston Churchill

STAY HUNGRY, KEEP IMPROVING, KEEP YOUR MIND AND YOUR SKILLS SHARP! AND REMEMBER....

DONT "CHILL" TOO LONG AND END UP FROZEN! I ENCOURAGE YOU TO KEEP MOVING! KEEP FLOWING! I ENCOURAGE YOU TO......

"BE WATER MY FRIEND"
-Bruce Lee

ITS OUR TIME!

THE WORLD IS OURS!

LETS GO GET IT! KEEP MOVING!

PEACE!

1 comment:

  1. Great article! Something I needed to hear right about now :)

    ReplyDelete